Friday, February 10, 2006

Good news and bad news.

Well, bad news first (always the best way to go): due to various circumstances, I'm having to put myself on a much more stringent budget until May in order to save the amount of money I was expecting to save. In fact, I may not actually save quite as much as I expected by the time I leave. It's unfortunate but unavoidable.

So I'm cutting back on any costs I can. No more eating out, no more Netflix, no more buying ANYTHING that isn't for the trip. I have two short trips planned between now and May that I'm still going to go on - but only because I've already made the plans and paid for the tickets.

Now, the good news: I started getting my vaccinations this morning. Wonder of wonders, my insurance apparently covers them. I had heard horror stories about the cost of vaccinations, and that insurance generally didn't cover them. But mine does. I got a Polio booster, Tetanus booster, Typhoid, and the first Hep B shot. I go back in a month to get the second Hep B (I might get Yellow Fever and Meningitis then just because my insurance covers it).

I've also bought a pair of pants! Ex Officio Fatigue travel pants - REI.com was having an amazing clearance sale, so the (normally $100) pants were $17. Of course, since I bought them online, I didn't have a chance to try them on, but at that price I'm not too worried. I can always send them back if they really don't fit.

No comments: