Tuesday, June 06, 2006

June 4-5: Bali

The trip back from Gili T to Kuta, Bali was a long one. Left Trawangan at about 8:15 AM on a boat to Bangsal (about 25 minutes). Then an hour and a half bus ride to Lembar harbor, Lombok. Then a 5 hour ferry ride to Padangbai, at the end of which the captain attempted to park us at the ferry dock no less than four times, backing up and doing a 360 after each attempt. This process took about an hour. He was either drunk or it was his first day.

After we finally got off the boat, another bus ride, to Ubud, where everyone but me got off the bus. So it was just me and the bus driver for the last hour, getting me to Kuta about 8 PM. I got off the bus, avoided the touts and quickly found a nice clean cheap room to spend the night. Then a quick dinner, and a pirated copy of X-Men III. God, I'm glad I didn't pay to see that in the theatre. So bad.

The next morning, a bit of walking around Kuta, then off to the airport again.

1 comment:

Gaz said...

Are you kidding? That movie sucked 50 different kinds of ass. Horrible writing, horrible direction, horrible acting. Just a horrible movie.