Monday, July 24, 2006

Hiroshima: June 26-28

The train ride took about 4 ½ hours, often punctuated by intestinal problems (sorry, it's the truth). Then I arrived at Hiroshima, found a map, and used it to locate a cheap (by Japan standards) hotel (wasn’t ready to go back to a hostel yet). Took the streetcar, dropped my bags at the hotel, stayed in for the evening.

The 27th – walked around Hiroshima. Saw the Peace Memorial Museum, which is an excellent museum on the bombing, and Hiroshima both before and after it. Also many other memorials, the A-bomb dome, then a trip back to Hiroshima station for my reservations for Tokyo, walked around that area a little – saw a few temples. Was feeling ill, so I took the streetcar back to the hotel. Though about going out later but didn’t, as my digestive system really didn’t want me to.

The 28th – Hiroshima Castle, which has an excellent Samurai Museum within it, then more walking around Hiroshima. Had breakfast at the hotel (as the day before – complimentary breakfast including rolls, boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, etc, etc). Then back to the station, and back to Tokyo.

1 comment:

Sarah Ignacio said...


Giving sometime in reading blogs like this is kinda a waste of time for me as a busy person but I don’t want to outdated on such matters about hostel laundry service so I really admire you for your passion in writing.